Hello my lovely friends, hope you are having fun and enjoying yourselves to the fullest. As I said before that I will be posting some really interesting stuff on DIY homemade facials, so here am I to fulfill the promise one more time. I hope you have already read my earlier post on DIY Homemade Facial with Grapeseed Oil. I also wish to thank all my beauty lovers who mailed to express how much they loved the post. (you can always mail me at email@example.com anytime and every time with your responses on my beauty blog)
Benefits of flax seed oil for Skin
Today however I am writing to you about flaxseed oil facial mask and would also be telling you about how flaxseeds are beneficial for your skin. We have been told about the umpteenth number of health benefits of flaxseed oil, but I am writing to you about the skin care benefits of using flaxseed oil.
- Flaxseed oil is known to contain an essential form of Omega 3- alpha linolenic acid which is known to protect the skin from water loss. It needs to be told that due to loss of water from the body that we witness so many signs of aging like skin dryness, wrinkles and premature greying of hair.
- Flaxseed oil is considered to be one of the best sources of vitamin E which is known to make the skin soft, smooth and supple.
- Flaxseed oil is regarded as a powerful antioxidant which helps in fighting the skin diseases.
DIY Homemade Facial Mask with Flax seed Oil
Here is the quick recipe for making your own flaxseed oil facial mask at home. Remember, it’s easy and well nourishing for your skin.
3 tbsp of flaxseeds (grounded finely)
1 tbsp of honey
¼ cup warm water.
How to Make
Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients together so that it forms a fine paste. Be cautious while adding water, it should not become too thin or else it will drop from your face. The mask should be of thick consistency so that it sticks to your face. Apply the face mask on your face and neck and leave for around 20-30 minutes. Next, wash off with warm water and pat dry. If your skin feels too dry, you can follow the mask with a good moisturizer too. (Read: Best Body Moisturizers).
Who should use Flaxseed Oil Face Mask?
- Flaxseed oil facial mask is recommended for those who have dry as well as scaly skin.
- If you suffer from wrinkles then too this mask would be good for you to apply.
- Flaxseed facial mask work for those with acne prone skin because flaxseed is known to work as a gentle exfoliator so use it if you have dead skin as well as clogged skin pores. It helps in opening up the closed skin pores as well as removes excessive oil from the skin.
- Flaxseed oil has anti inflammatory properties and thus works wonders for healing scars and abrasions.
- It is effective for treating various skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis.
Extra Beauty Byte:
Yeah, I know this post is all about facial mask from flaxseed oil but how about gaining a bit extra on skin care, so I felt to include in this post about the flaxseed oil body scrub too. Wow…. Here it goes:
DIY Homemade Flaxseed Body Scrub
You can even make an effective body scrub from flaxseed to help your skin get extra nourishment, and get rid of dead and rough skin layers. This scrub should be used at least once a week for best results.
½ cup yoghurt
¼ cup oats finely grounded
¼ cup wheat bran
1 tbsp of flaxseed oil
1 tbsp of honey
5 drop of lavender oil
How to make the scrub:
Take a bowl and mix to it all these ingredients, make sure it turns into a fine paste. Next, wet your body in a warm shower and then apply this paste on your body. Gently massage it with your fingers for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. You will see your skin getting rejuvenated and feeling fresher like never before.
So friends, this was all about making your skin glowing and refreshing apart from exfoliating it to the fullest. Next time, will try to add more of facial masks to your facial and skin care so stay tuned to my blog. Why not subscribe to the post and join the blog? I would really be sooooo happy!!!!!!
Hey if you liked this post, please gimme a favor by pinning, tweeting and liking it!!
Have a beautiful week!!